'I left home at 12 to chase my F1 dream - now I'm in danger of losing my job'.
Logan Sargeant moved from the United States to Europe aged just 12 to kickstart his path to Formula One, but after just six races in his sophomore year in the series, the 23-year-old is facing an uphill battle to retain his drive beyond the summer break.
10:00, Sun, May 12, 2024
By Harry Smith
Daily and Sunday Express

Sargeant took part in three F3 campaigns with three different teams, starting out with Carlin before losing out to Piastri and Theo Pourchaire in an intense title battle with Prema Racing. However, from there, instead of graduating to the F2 grid, he moved to perennial backmarkers Charouz for an underwhelming campaign.

After making some stand-in appearances in F2 with HWA Racelab at the end of 2021, he made his full F2 debut with Carlin, finishing fourth before graduating into F1 with the help of the Williams Driver Academy, replacing Nicholas Latifi. None of this would have been possible without a move to Europe at a young age though. Speaking to Motor Sport last year about the choices his family faced, he explained:

“We had to make that decision to come here. We were looking where the best competition was and it was always Europe, Europe, Europe, Europe. That’s all you heard. That’s where you had to be if you wanted to go up against the best. That was simply the only motivation towards moving over here and see where that led. I don’t think it was totally focused on F1, there are so many great series out there. But this was the peak we were going for.”

‘Left home at 12’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...nt-Williams-F1

Logan Sargeant: The Uncertainty of His Future
May 15, 2024
By Aaron Teasdale
World In Sport

Logan Sargeant, the young American driver, entered the 2024 Formula 1 season with high expectations. As the first American to compete full-time in F1 since Alexander Rossi in 2015, Sargeant carried the hopes of a nation eager to see its flag represented at the pinnacle of motorsport.

His journey to F1, marked by perseverance and impressive performances in junior categories, set the stage for a highly anticipated rookie season with Williams Racing. However, as the season has unfolded, Sargeant’s performance has been a blend of promise and inconsistency, leading to questions about his future in the sport.

‘The Uncertainty’;

https://worldinsport.com/logan-sarge...of-his-future/

Logan Sargeant “just looking for that last tenth” of pace
May 13, 2024
Jaden Diaz-Ndisang
Last Word On Sports

Sargeant is happy with his level. At least, this is how some might see the Williams driver’s campaign so far. Speaking to the media in Miami, he revealed that he is relatively satisfied with his current form:

“If I look since Australia, I feel like it’s been going relatively well, from a pace front,” motorsport.com quotes him as saying. [In] Japan, getting almost everything out of it. Of course, China was disappointing, but here [at Miami on Saturday], I feel like I did a good job. So… just looking for that last tenths.” Some might disagree with Sargeant’s generally positive assessment. After all, he crashed out on multiple occasions in Japan and has yet to match his teammate’s level.

Of course, Sargeant is still very much in the race. There is still time for the youngster to prove himself to the Grove-based team. With that said, the evidence accumulated over the last twelve months does not indicate he is faster – or has more potential – than some of the free agents on the market. This will force Sargeant to improve his level and change the narrative in the upcoming rounds.

“Llast tenth”;

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsp...tenth-of-pace/

‘Not sure has the staying power’ – More Logan Sargeant doubts emerge with US dream fading
13 May 2024 10:30 AM
Michelle Foster
PlanetF1.com

Despite having three Grands Prix on the calendar, America needs an American driver to get behind and Danica Patrick doesn’t believe Logan Sargeant is the man for the job. Former IndyCar and NASCAR driver Patrick doesn’t believe Sargeant is the driver who can inspire American fans.

“I can say that a driver that’s an American and finishing better would be a positive, it would be more storylines,” said the Sky Sports pundit. “I don’t think they have to win but much more competitive and getting points. I’m not sure that Logan really has staying power with what’s going on. I think it’ll be somebody else. Andretti getting a team could definitely help.”

“Although there are plenty of American fans that love Sergio and Lando and Max and there’s still tonnes of people that love these drivers that aren’t American. But what it would do is it would ramp up the marketing and the media exposure here in America, which would just add another layer of exposure, and of course, draw more fans in.”

‘Staying power’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/logan-...wer-questioned

American F1 fans fume as US Williams driver Logan Sargeant crashes out of home race after Kevin Magnussen spins him off the track
• Magnussen - a 31-year-old veteran of 10 years - collided into Sargeant on lap 28
• He was eventually given a 10-second time penalty for the wreck by race officials
• DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
Published: 23:44, 5 May 2024
By Alastair Talbot
MailOnline

American Formula One fans are fuming on social media as Williams' US driver Logan Sargeant crashed out of his home race at the Miami Grand Prix after Denmark's Kevin Magnussen spun him off track.
'Being a Logan Sargeant enthusiast means suffering every single race weekend,' a user on X reacted to her favorite driver abandoning Sunday's race due to the crash.

'We really can't catch a f***king break.'
Another shared: 'Logan Sargeant has suffered more than Jesus Christ.'

Meanwhile someone else said after the wreck: 'Yeeeah that's probably that for Logan Seargeant. Never forget #F1 #MiamiGP.'
'Homerace heartbreak,' a Sargeant fan page tweeted along with heartbreak emoji.

‘American F1 fans fume’;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...magnussen.html

Sargeant told to 'earn your place' as Antonelli threat lurks
Logan Sargeant's long-term future is in doubt at Williams, with Andrea Kimi Antonelli touted as a replacement.
11 May 2024, 8:30PM
Jake Nichol
RacingNews365

Williams boss James Vowles has told Logan Sargeant to "earn your place" in Formula 1, as speculation around Andrea Kimi Antonelli grows. But Vowles is adamant that sophomore driver Sargeant will continue but has urged him to retain his seat.

"Without doubt, this is a tough field, there is no doubt about it," Vowles told media including RacingNews365. "But as I've said all the way through, it is a meritocracy, earn your place. [Logan's] got work to do, but he's also one of the top 20 Formula 1 drivers in the world, and is on the grid. There is a reason for that. He is in the car, he will remain in the car and my job here is supporting him."

‘Meritocracy’;

https://racingnews365.com/sargeant-t...i-threat-lurks

Logan Sargeant gives five-word answer on Williams future amid Kimi Antonelli rumours
Thu 9 May 2024 15:00
David Comerford
F1 Oversteer

Logan Sargeant is fighting tooth and nail to stay in Formula 1. Over the Miami Grand Prix weekend, it emerged that Kimi Antonelli could replace him in the near future. There were already some indications that Williams could look to parachute Antonelli into F1 following his 18th birthday. But that wouldn’t have been until the Italian Grand Prix following the summer break.

Journalist Joe Saward subsequently raised the possibility that the Grove outfit could seek ‘special dispensation’ to field Antonelli even earlier. FIA rules don’t allow him to obtain a superlicence until he turns 18. And now James Vowles has lodged that request. Williams have denied the possibility that the Italian could be in the car for the next race in Imola, but it’s clear that they’re considering a swift change to their driver line-up.

Vowles warned Sargeant that he needed to be the ‘surprise of the season’ to keep his drive after an underwhelming rookie year. But he trails Alex Albon 5-0 in qualifying (and 27-0 overall), and 4-1 in the races. Antonelli, meanwhile, is only three races into his career in Formula 2. But he produced a ‘stunning’ performance in a recent Mercedes test at Imola to convince Vowles of his readiness.

“I just do my job the best I can”;

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/log...nelli-rumours/