Yuki Tsunoda: RB aim to fight with top five teams.
Yuki Tsunoda hopes that RB can close the gap to the top five and continue fighting for regular points.
May 8, 2024
Jaden Diaz-Ndisang
Last Word On Sports

The Miami GP was another strong event for Yuki Tsunoda. For the main Grand Prix, however, the RB driver elevated his level. He secured yet another Q3 appearance in the VCARB 01, putting himself in a strong position to fight for points. This is precisely what he did on Sunday, executing a race characterised by speed and maturity. His first stint on the medium tyres was crucial, allowing him to capitalise on the Safety Car and strengthen his chances of points. After Lewis Hamilton passed him at the restart, Tsunoda managed to create a significant gap to George Russell in the Mercedes behind.

RB and Tsunoda aim to progress further. With another P7 result secured, the 23-year-old is optimistic that VCARB can close the gap to the top five: “Every race so far, we’re always driving -at least – around P10. In most of the races, we score points, and recently, it’s not just P10,” he told F1TV post-race. Recently, it’s not even just P10 – [It’s] P8, P9, P7, P4. So I mean, the amount of progress we’re having is so fast.”

“Obviously, its not on the level yet of Mercedes yet. But, for example, today, I was able to gain pace – or even have faster pace than one of the Mercedes. So if we continue like this, maybe at some point we can catch the P5 team. Obviously, they’re still too fast. But we never know – and that’s what we aim for.”

‘RB aim to fight with top five teams’;

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsp...op-five-teams/

Tsunoda: Miami points haul reflects RB ‘crazy progress'
12:08 Wed, 08 May 2024.
Phillip van Osten
F1i.com

Sister Red Bull outfit RB doubled in Miami its best weekend points tally in 2024, a productive effort that reflects the team’s “crazy” progress this season insisted Yuki Tsunoda. On Saturday, Daniel Ricciardo concluded F1’s Sprint event an impressive fourth, which put 5 points in RB’s bag at the outset while Tsunoda collected a solitary point in the short-form race.

“The amount of points we got this week was a lot for us,” Tsunoda told the media in Miami. “It shows how much the people who work in the background [at the] factory, the amount that they're pushing. It’s incredible and we’re happy that we're able to score the points that we deserve.”

“We got a bit of upgrades this week and I think that helped a lot,” Tsunoda added. “I mean straight away from FP1 I felt comfortable and [on Saturday] Daniel was P4. Over a long stint, we got a P7 and were even faster than one of the Mercedes. So [we] never achieved [something] like this [at] the first races, the amount of progress we’re having is crazy.”

‘RB crazy progress';

https://f1i.com/news/507416-tsunoda-...-progress.html

Tsunoda brands Miami ‘incredible week’ after double points haul
05 May 2024
Formula One - Official Site (Video)

RB’s Yuki Tsunoda said he was “finally very happy” after coming home P7 in the Miami Grand Prix – his second points haul of the weekend after finishing eighth in the Saturday Sprint.

‘Incredible week’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/ts...53897588870550

Tsunoda hails 'crazy' RB progress after career best start
Yuki Tsunoda has enjoyed his strongest Formula 1 career start in 2024 as he heaps praise on the RB team for the gains it has made of late.
7 May 8:00PM
Fergal Walsh & Ian Parkes
RacingNews365

Yuki Tsunoda has praised the RB Formula 1 team for the progress it has made of late after his run to seventh at the Miami Grand Prix. It marked the second time this year that Tsunoda breached the top seven, having also enjoyed a strong race in Australia.

With 14 championship points to his name after the opening six rounds, it marks the strongest start to a campaign for the Japanese driver during his F1 career that commenced in 2021.

Tsunoda's run to seventh during the grand prix around the Miami International Autodrome followed his solitary point from the sprint race on Saturday - a race in which team-mate Daniel Ricciardo bagged fourth.

‘Career best start’;

https://racingnews365.com/tsunoda-ha...eer-best-start

RB drivers both delighted as they leave Miami with points in the bag
07 May 2024
Formula One - Official Site

RB have extended their lead over Haas in the battle for sixth in the constructors’ championship thanks to Yuki Tsunoda’s seventh-placed finish in Miami, which coupled with Daniel Ricciardo’s points from the Sprint have put RB into a very healthy position in the midfield fight. For Tsunoda, his continued consistent form remains a boost for the team as he scored points for a second day in a row, and for his third race in the last four.

Having also made Q3 in four out of the six race weekends so far this season, the Japanese racer has done enough to move ahead of Lance Stroll into 10th in the drivers’ standings. “Very happy, what a great job by the team,” he said afterwards. “It’s been an incredible week in which we scored in both races. We kind of expected we would have a good performance here but the most important thing is that we achieved it.

“As a team, we stuck to our plan and didn’t make any mistakes today. As for me, overall, I’m happy with my driving even though I made a mistake at the start. I reset myself and kept going, and especially in the last stint where I was just driving by myself, I was pushing and able to achieve similar lap times to the cars in front. The next race in Imola is kind of another home race for me, so I hope we’ll be able to continue our rhythm and achieve a good result in front of our home crowd.”

‘Points in the bag’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...67dH2rvPQmf1TR

Why Tsunoda could go unrewarded for his performances
May 6, 2024
Jaden Diaz-Ndisang
Last Word On Sports

Despite operating at a high level in 2024, Yuki Tsunoda does not have clear options to move forward in F1. In the first six rounds of the year, the 23-year-old can be credited with immense consistency and overall speed. Ordinarily, with a vacant seat at Red Bull, this would be enough to at least be in conversations for a promotion. Regrettably, this is not the case for RB’s youngster.

It was Yuki Tsunoda who delivered for RB in the main event. After climbing from P15 to P8 in the Sprint Race, he put himself into Q3 for the Grand Prix. This has become a relatively common occurrence for Tsunoda in 2024, who consistently maximises a competitive (though far from exceptional) AT04. On Sunday, he crossed the line in a brilliant P7. Solid racecraft, strong tyre management and – most importantly – pure performance secured this result. Perhaps most notably, Tsunoda created a significant gap to George Russell on his final stint.

It would take a catastrophic and, frankly, unlikely turn of events for Tsunoda’s season to be characterised as anything other than excellent. In this context, the logical next question is what prospects lie ahead. Regrettably, the path forward is not clear. Red Bull is understood to be evaluating Carlos Sainz as a serious alternative to Sergio Perez. Despite outperforming Ricciardo, the Japanese driver is not at the top of the list at Milton Keynes.

‘Credited with immense consistency and overall speed’;

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsp...-performances/

Daniel Ricciardo warned: ‘That’s the battle for his future’ after Yuki Tsunoda stars
Daniel Ricciardo has been warned that the "battle for his future" is with Yuki Tsunoda after the pair had contrasting Sundays in Miami.
06 May 2024
Connor McDonagh
Crash.Net

Daniel Ricciardo has been told to “pick himself up” as he fights for his “future in the sport” against RB teammate Yuki Tsunoda. Teammate Tsunoda starred as he qualified in the top 10, and then finished seventh in the race, beating Mercedes’ George Russell.

Analysing his weekend, 2009 F1 world champion Jenson Button felt that Ricciardo was ultimately overshadowed by Tsunoda despite his impressive sprint race performance. Tsunoda's P7 finish means he moves ahead of Lance Stroll in the drivers' championship and into 10th overall.

Button acknowledged Tsunoda's improved consistency in 2024. “He’s been a lot more consistent." he added. "He’s still fiery, he’s Yuki. He’s been a lot more consistent. That was a really impressive race, seventh ahead of a Mercedes. That shows the pace of the car but also Yuki.”

‘That’s the battle for his future’;

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/104801...-tsunoda-stars