Perez: ‘Fourth season with Red Bull will be my best.’
“Max is a driver that really takes the maximum out of you so it’s a great challenge and one I’m looking forward to massively. It’s my fourth season with the team and I’m sure it will be the best one.”
16/02/2024 at 09:34
Phillip van Osten
F1i.com

Sergio Perez believes his fourth F1 campaign with Red Bull will be his best as he aims to bounce back from his crushing defeat in 2023 at the hands of his dominant teammate Max Verstappen.

“Obviously, people are aware of the challenge that I’m facing and it is right. I think it’s a massive challenge,” he said, quoted by Reuters. “If we are performing well on track, there will be plenty of opportunities out there,” he said.

“So that’s my main target and my main motivation for this year to really perform well. I still think that I’m at my best, I still have a lot to give, being part of the Red Bull family for four years. It’s a massive bonus. It’s a great opportunity. I’m still young, and still motivated. So there’s still a long way ahead,” he concluded.

‘Fourth season with Red Bull will be my best’;

https://f1i.com/news/499627-perez-fo...e-my-best.html

Perez aiming to “maximise every opportunity” in crucial season
Formula 1
Posted on 16th February 2024, 17:23
Written by Will Wood
RaceFans

Speaking to media including RaceFans at the launch of the team’s new RB20 on Thursday, Perez said he will learn from what happened in 2023 and improve for this season. “I feel fully fresh,” he said. “Obviously, with the learnings of last year, it’s very important that we learn what went wrong, learn from our mistakes. I think we understood a lot of things. It’s my fourth year with Red Bull and I will expect to be at my best for this year.”

Perez has an important year ahead of him as his contract at Red Bull is up for renewal at the end of the year. Having shown an improvement in form over the final rounds of last season, Perez says his goal for 2024 is to “maximise every single opportunity” he has. “I want to get a really strong base early on and just be able to carry that through the whole season, to be able to develop through the season,” he said.

Perez said he made his late season breakthrough by “understanding the difficult races, why they were so difficult. The directions we were taking with the car, how we were overcompensating things and not necessarily making the car better. I think from all of that, we managed to learn a bit.”

“Maximise every opportunity”;

https://www.racefans.net/2024/02/16/...rucial-season/

Sergio Perez makes Red Bull future wish ahead of make-or-break F1 2024 season
17 Feb 2024 7:45 AM
Oliver Harden
PlanetF1.com

Speaking to media including PlanetF1.com’s Thomas Maher at the launch of the new Red Bull RB20 car, Perez confirmed his intention is to secure a new multi-year deal with Red Bull. He said: “I think I’m in a great team, obviously. Being part of the Red Bull family has been amazing. We’ll see what the future holds.”

“For now, I’m fully focused on the start of the year and ideally [it] will be to carry on for more years in this team.” Asked directly by PlanetF1.com if he has put a timeline on a decision over his future, Perez replied: “No.”

“The start of the season is going to be really busy, so I’m just focusing on the first few races and that’s my main objective. I don’t think I’m setting skipping any time limits or anything like that. For now, I’m just focusing on the first five races to get the most out of it because it’s going to be taking a lot of energy out of me.

‘Intention is to secure a new multi-year deal with Red Bull’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio...f1-2024-season

Perez 'not bothered' by early driver market activity
17 February 10:50AM
Author Nick Golding
Co-author Ian Parkes
RacingNews365

Sergio Perez isn't becoming distracted by his current situation looking ahead to 2025, despite Lewis Hamilton's move to Ferrari having resulted in an early start to 'silly season'. With 13 drivers – including Perez – being without a contract for next year, seats are slowly starting to fill up. Ferrari now have no seats available until at least 2027, whilst Williams Team Principal James Vowles has revealed that Alex Albon is contracted until the end of 2025. Perez does have possible options in top teams if Red Bull opt against retaining him for next year, given that Mercedes and Aston Martin both currently have one seat available.

However, following Hamilton announcing his Ferrari switch for next year, it's expected that drivers will try to seal their seat on the 2025 grid earlier than usual. Typically, driver transfers aren't usually announced until the traditional summer break, although it's a rarity for 65% of the grid being in need of a new deal. The amount of drivers requiring a new contract could result in many pushing beyond their limits in the opening rounds, to convince either their current side or a different team to offer them a contract.

Entering the final year of a contract isn't an unfamiliar position for Perez, who is set to embark on his 14th season at the pinnacle of motorsport. His experience and knowledge could play a huge role in him securing a spot on the 2025 grid, although he's not thinking about it too much. Perez is distancing himself from the driver market activity as he believes he should be focusing on his performances rather than his contract, with the Mexican knowing that things will fall into place naturally if he delivers for Red Bull in 2024.

‘Sergio Perez isn't becoming distracted’;

https://racingnews365.com/perez-not-...arket-activity

Perez better equipped to adapt to Red Bull’s RB20
The Mexican driver is under a lot of pressure this season after struggling last year compared to teamate Max Verstappen
February 18, 2024
Nathan Hartley
FormulaNerds

Sergio Perez believes he and Red Bull have discovered new understandings of the car, making the Mexican more confident to adapt to the team’s RB20 after a disappointing season last year. The upgrades made the mexican feel less comfortable with the RB19, being way off the pace. Since Barcelona, Perez continued the trend and struggled for the rest of the season.

“We had some issues as the car was developing,” the Mexican explained. “And the way we were trying to improve those issues meant that we were just taking performance out of the car, and not necessarily going faster. Making it more comfortable is not necessarily faster.” Perez took to the simulator before the United States Grand Pri last year, helping him discover new findings of the car. The Mexican believes that it wil help him better cope with this year’s RB20:

“With the learning of last year, it’s very important that we learn what went wrong, learn from our mistakes. I think we understood a lot of things. It’s my fourth year with Red Bull, and I do expect to be at my best for this year. [We worked] on understanding the difficult races, why they were so difficult, the directions we were taking with the car, how we were overcompensating things and not necessarily making the car better. I think all of that we managed to learn.”

‘Better equipped to adapt to Red Bull’s RB20’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/pe...ed-bulls-rb20/

Sergio Perez stresses importance of ‘sticking together’ with Christian Horner under investigation
18 Feb 2024 6:45 AM
Sam Cooper
PlanetF1.com

Perez used to be the number one talking point at any given Red Bull press conference but he took a background role during the team’s car launch last week with everyone’s mind on the investigation. With Red Bull refusing to elaborate on what is going on behind closed doors, Perez has encouraged the team to “stick together” ahead of the start of the F1 2024 season.

“I think we just want to go racing,” he told media including PlanetF1.com. “We are a race team and we want the whole team to stick together because we’ve been successful. It will be ideal just to keep the whole team together and just focus on racing.”

“Obviously, there are some things out there but the most important is that we will stick together as a team, we will work well and the main goal is remembering that we are here for racing. We are racing and we all love it and we just want to go racing together. We know that Christian is a key player in our organisation.”

‘Sticking together’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio...-investigation

Sergio Perez makes feelings clear on Christian Horner probe as Red Bull boss 'faces sack'
Red Bull boss Christian Horner is set to find out next week if he's being sacked with the team looking to conclude their investigation
08:10, Sun, Feb 18, 2024
By Jordan Seward
Daily and Sunday Express

Red Bull star Sergio Perez has urged everyone at the outfit to 'stick together' and underlined Christian Horner's importance to the organisation amid the ongoing investigation into allegations against the team boss.

‘Sergio Perez makes feelings clear’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...on-Red-Bull-F1