Hybrid View

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    ‘Walking out on your family’ – Adrian Newey comments resurface as Red Bull exit rumours swirl.
    A clip has resurfaced of Adrian Newey admitting that leaving Red Bull “would be like walking out on your family” amid rumours that the F1 design legend is poised to quit the team.
    27 Apr 2024 5:00 PM
    Oliver Harden
    PlanetF1.com

Writing in his 2017 autobiography, Newey pointed to the adventurous and innovative culture within Red Bull – where Christian Horner stands as F1’s longest-serving team principal, having remained in situ since the team arrived on the grid in 2005 – as the motive behind his decision to stay put.

He said: “We’d gone from being the paddock joke, the upstart, the party-hard fizzy drinks company, to four-time World Champions, and we’d done it the old-fashioned way, using principles that to me were in-keeping with the true spirit of motor racing. I thought back to the beginning of the 2012 season when we couldn’t get the car right, and I remembered with pride that our shoulders hadn’t dropped. We’d got our heads down, worked through it and solved the problem.”

“I thought how we’d developed young drivers instead of buying up star names; how we’d helped put Milton Keynes on the map; how throughout it all we’ve never stopped working; how we’d always taken the road less travelled, even when it meant facing seemingly insurmountable problems or technical challenges; how we never took the simple option in search of an easy life or sat back on our laurels feeling pleased with ourselves and decided ‘that’ll do’. We’d always continued innovating.”

‘Walking out on your family’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/adrian...l-exit-rumours

‘To be honest’: Ivan Capelli says it’s ‘unlikely’ Adrian Newey joins one Red Bull rival next season
    Sun 28 April 2024 14:00
    Ben Evans
    F1 Oversteer

The future of Adrian Newey is arguably even more interesting than anything happening in the Formula 1 driver’s market. Talking about Newey’s future, Capelli said: “To be honest, from what I can know of his thoughts, he is unlikely to arrive in Italy, unless there is an economic proposal that would make anyone pale.

“Out of habit, out of conceptuality of the work and mental organisation, and out of how he is used to, I still see him as very rooted in England.” Despite Capelli thinking Newey wouldn’t join Ferrari, the Italian team are reportedly preparing to offer him a role outside of Formula 1 to tempt him to join the manufacturer.

‘To be honest’;

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/iva...l-next-season/

Adrian Newey to Ferrari? Fresh doubt cast over historic move for F1 design guru
    28 Apr 2024 2:30 PM
    Oliver Harden
    PlanetF1.com

Capelli worked with Newey at Leyton House, where the technical guru began his F1 career before achieving success with Williams and McLaren, in the late 1980s and early 1990s. And the Italian believes it is unlikely that Newey will join Ferrari unless the team make an offer too good to turn down.

He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: “To be honest, as far as I can tell of his thinking, he is unlikely to arrive in Italy unless there is a financial proposal that would put anyone to shame. “By habit, by conceptualisation of work and mental organisation and the way he is used to it, I see him still very much rooted in England.”

‘Adrian Newey to Ferrari?’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/will-a...ferrari-doubts

Perez defiant over F1 future as Red Bull talks continue
    Sergio Perez is locked in contract talks with Red Bull - but is firm that he intends to go nowhere.
    28 April 11:50AM
    Jake Nichol & Ian Parkes
    RacingNews365

Now a veteran of 262 starts, Perez is firm that he intends to stay in F1 long-term. "Absolutely, 100%, I am fully committed," Perez explained when asked by RacingNews365 of his future plans. At the end of the day, I've been in this sport for a long-time, but I am only 34, and when you see drivers carrying on, we see longer careers these days, so I am still very fresh and very motivated. I have no doubt, 100% that I will be here next year."

"I don't think that if you were to do this job, you cannot be at 95% for the sake of doing it, especially when you have a family back home," Perez added. "It is important that when you commit to Formula 1, you are fully committed until your last day, and that is the approach I take: I am fully committed to F1 like when I started. It is important to do that for my family, but I just don't know for how long I will be able to have this motivation.”

"At some point, there are some priorities out of here, and it is something at some point I will have to consider how long I want to [continue]. [With the team], it is all about the future, how we both see the future together. Obviously, if you as a team and driver have the same target in mind, it is very easy, especially after so many years. We've been together for four years, so I do expect everything will be quite easy going forward."

‘Perez defiant’;

https://racingnews365.com/perez-defi...talks-continue

Honda surprised by "unbelievable" Red Bull 2024 F1 car changes
    Honda says it was "very surprised" by the "unbelievable" extent of Red Bull's design changes for the 2024 Formula 1 season.
    Filip Cleeren
    Ronald Vording
    Motorsport.com

Its decision to go for an aggressive evolution for the RB20 - instead of playing it safe - paid off, with Verstappen winning four out of the first five races of the year, and team-mate Sergio Perez also finding more confidence and competitiveness in the new car.

The Milton Keynes squad's drastic redesign also involved a lot of installation changes for its Honda power unit. Speaking exclusively to Motorsport.com, Honda Racing Corporation president Koji Watanabe said the engine manufacturer was taken aback by all the changes that were made.

"For this year's Red Bull car, we were very surprised to see that they changed so much for the RB20," Watanabe said. "Last year we won 21 out of the 22 races together, but they still changed the concept. It is unbelievable! They made a lot of requests to adapt our engine to the new concept for the RB20. After we saw the RB20 in real life we were so surprised by all the changes that they made."

"Very surprised" by the "Unbelievable";

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...nges/10603623/

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    F1 star Lando Norris gets injured partying in Amsterdam.
    McLaren Formula One star Lando Norris is set to race at this weekend’s Miami Grand Prix despite suffering a busted nose in an Amsterdam partying accident.
    April 29th, 2024 2:47 pm
    Matthew Sullivan from News.com.au
    Fox Sports (Australia)

Norris is enjoying a strong start to the F1 season and made the most of a gap between races to celebrate King’s Day in the Netherlands with renowned Dutch DJ Martin Garrix.

Footage has surfaced on social media of Norris living his best life on a party boat on a canal in Amsterdam over the weekend. The 24-year-old Brit could be seen dancing along to the music among the throng of revellers dressed in orange, the national colour of the Netherlands.

‘Injured partying in Amsterdam’;

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...a1c4207ae58f24

McLaren's Lando Norris suffers brutal facial injury after partying in Amsterdam with F1 superstar pictured in bandages days before Miami GP
    • Lando Norris was snapped sporting a nasty gash on his nose during celebrations
    • But the injury is not expected to affect his involvement in the Miami Grand Prix
    • Norris has finished on the podium twice this year and is catching the eye again
    Published: 00:26, 29 April 2024
    By Daniel Davis
    MailOnline

McLaren's Lando Norris sustained a gruesome facial injury while partying in Amsterdam ahead of next weekend's Miami Grand Prix. Norris was pictured sporting a cut on his face while on board a boat in the Dutch capital, having seemingly revelled in the King's Day celebrations.

Images quickly circulated on social media showing Norris, 24, with a bloodied bandage stretched across his face - although he appeared in good spirits. It is said that Norris had accidentally cut his nose on broken glass. His participation in the Miami spectacle is not thought to be at risk, however. Indeed, PlanetF1 have reported that Norris is 'completely fine' after the incident.

‘Suffers brutal facial injury’;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-F1-Miami.html

Lando Norris' face bandaged up after suffering injury in Amsterdam party ahead of Miami GP
    Lando Norris' face was bandaged up after partying in Amsterdam.
    15:04, Sun, Apr 28, 2024
    By Amos Murphy
    Daily and Sunday Express

Lando Norris was spotted with a bandaged face following an injury he picked up in Amsterdam. The British driver was enjoying some time off in the Dutch capital when the incident occurred, with the injury coming just days before the Miami Grand Prix.

Norris was believed to be in Amsterdam to take part in Koningsdag (King’s Day) celebrations when he cut his face. It’s said the 24-year-old picked up his gash - which was caused by broken glass - while partying on a boat.

Despite the nasty-looking injury, Norris isn’t expected to miss the Miami Grand Prix, which kicks off on Friday. Norris heads into the first of three GPs in the United States on the back of a strong start to the 2024 Formula One campaign.

‘Lando Norris' face bandaged up’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ami-Grand-Prix

Lando Norris sustains facial injury ahead of Miami Grand Prix after Amsterdam party
    28 Apr 2024 1:45 PM
    Oliver Harden
    PlanetF1.com

McLaren driver Lando Norris has been pictured with bandages after sustaining a facial injury ahead of next weekend’s Miami Grand Prix.

Images surfaced on social media on Saturday evening showing Norris nursing a cut to his face while partying on a boat in the Dutch capital of Amsterdam, where the McLaren driver was believed to have been reveling in the Koningsdag (King’s Day) celebrations.

It is thought that Norris, 24, cut his nose on broken glass. His participation in the Miami GP, one of three United States-based races on the current F1 calendar, is unlikely to be in doubt, and PlanetF1.com understands that Norris is completely fine following his unknown escapade.

‘Lando Norris sustains facial injury’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lando-...msterdam-party

Norris in McLaren vow as Red Bull challenge issued
    Lando Norris believes he and McLaren can win a grand prix this season after a surprisingly strong performance at the Chinese Grand Prix.
    24 April 5:45PM
    Samuel Coop
    RacingNews365

Lando Norris has asserted he and McLaren can win a grand prix this season, despite the formidable start to year Max Verstappen and Red Bull are having. The Briton went on to elaborate, voicing confidence in his and his team's ability to take a win this season, despite how tough a task it is proving to be.

“Max [Verstappen] is doing a good job, Red Bull are doing an amazing job. I can’t fault them and I can’t be too annoyed at that, but I feel like I’m getting a lot out of the car, especially on Sundays," he explained.
    “So, I have to be happy with the job I am doing. And one day – I think it's coming. I think this year. I'm not overconfident in saying it, I think we can get a win this year, but it's going to be difficult. We have a lot of work to do, but we're working hard."

“We have a lot of work to do, but we're working hard";

https://racingnews365.com/norris-in-...allenge-issued