Hamilton to Ferrari move questioned by former F1 boss Ecclestone.
"Too much of a handful - an unneccessary handful." Ecclestone has claimed, he would not have signed the likes of a Hamilton during his days when he ran Brabham for 16 years during the 1970s and '80s.
29 April 12:30PM
Ian Parkes
RacingNews365

It is a move that has captured the headlines since it was announced, but one now questioned from many angles by Bernie Ecclestone. Explaining, he added: "He really sort of commands a little at Mercedes. Toto has let him be like that, to keep him on board and keep him happy.

"But I never had that with the drivers. They're still good, good friends of mine, genuine friends, not for finance or whatever. Good friends. I'd rather have that sort of relationship rather than the fact I jump when somebody says jump, or defend a situation. If I wanted to do something, I'd do it if I thought it was the right thing to do."

"People thought they'd done a clever deal in taking him, but I think it's a bit of an ego thing that he (Hamilton) got latched into it all." Ecclestone added: "Fred (Vasseur, team principal) knew him from their early days, and I think John Elkann (chairman) at Ferrari, from his point of view, it was a bit of an ego thing that he's managed to capture one of the leading Formula 1 drivers - the best Formula 1 driver, in many people's opinion.

‘Bit of an ego thing’;

https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-t...oss-ecclestone

F1 boss issues Hamilton warning over Ferrari ‘mentality’
Lewis Hamilton's career will receive a shake-up in 2025 as he will depart Mercedes for rival Ferrari and pair up with Charles Leclerc.
28 April 6:30AM
Fergal Walsh
RacingNews365

Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has stated Lewis Hamilton must adapt to the mentality at Ferrari when he arrives at the team in 2025. “Lewis needs to understand the mentality of Maranello and Italy and I'm sure that he's totally curious to understand that,” he said.

“On the other hand, when there is such an incredible personality coming into the team and in Ferrari, there will be a lot of focus on him. Charles will take that as a new fire for him to push him to be even stronger so I think all the things are positive for the team.”

“For us as Formula 1 it’s incredible news,” Domenicali told Sky F1. “It's a new opportunity, a new chapter of Lewis’ career, a new chapter also for Ferrari. These ingredients have taken us already into 2025, even if we are just at the beginning of the chapter of 2024. I think it will be an incredible story.”

“Lewis needs to understand the mentality of Maranello and Italy”;

https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-w...rari-mentality

Lewis Hamilton snaps at F1 journalist with X-rated answer over Ferrari switch
Published 18:59 18 Apr 2024 GMT+1
Marcus Chan
SPORTbible

Lewis Hamilton snapped at a Formula 1 journalist with an X-rated answer after being asked about his move to Ferrari. Since the 2024 F1 season began, Hamilton has often been asked about his imminent move to Ferrari. After the Japanese Grand Prix earlier in the month, Hamilton stormed out of an interview after being asked about his future.

Speaking ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix, Hamilton was annoyed by another question about his new team. He said: “I don't feel like I need my decision vindicating. I know what was right for me, and that hasn't changed since the moment that I made the decision. There has not been a moment where I questioned it, and I'm not swayed by other people's comments.”

“Even today, there's people continuing to talk s**t and it will continue on for the rest of the year.” Hamilton added: “And I'll have to just do what I did the previous time. Only you can know what's right for you and it will be an exciting time for me.”

“People continuing to talk s**t”;

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?search=...rchheadlines=1

Lewis Hamilton offers X-rated response amid Mercedes woes and Ferrari switch
The 39-year-old Mercedes driver has scored just 10 points from the opening four rounds of the 2024 season
Thursday 18 April 2024 13:48
Philip Duncan
The Independent

Lewis Hamilton said “people continue to talk s***” about him” amid his worst start to a Formula One season.

Hamilton, who is moving to Ferrari next year, was asked if Mercedes’ early-season troubles vindicated his decision to quit the team, which carried him to six of his record-equalling seven world championships.

“I don’t feel like I need my decision vindicating,” he said. “I know what is right for me, and that hasn’t changed from the moment I made the decision.”

‘Lewis Hamilton offers X-rated response’;

https://www.independent.co.uk/f1/f1-...-b2530785.html

Lewis Hamilton fumes at Ferrari question and hits out at pundits in frosty exchange
Lewis Hamilton was left frustrated by the line of questioning ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix.
10:51, Thu, Apr 18, 2024
By Harry Smith
Daily and Sunday Express

Lewis Hamilton was left furious with questions about his move to Ferrari ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix, complaining about pundits 'talking s**t' and the ongoing speculation about the decision. Hamilton's current team have endured a miserable start to the 2024 campaign, picking up just 34 points from the opening four races, while Ferrari already have one win and a further four podiums to their name.

Before Hamilton can think about his switch to Ferrari, the 39-year-old will look to resurrect his form. With just 10 points to his name after four races this has been, by his own admission, his worst-ever start to a season. Hamilton will turn 40 before he makes his Ferrari debut in Melbourne next spring, but the legendary Brit has no intention of calling time on his F1 career in the near future.

‘Lewis Hamilton fumes’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...milton-Ferrari