Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1130
    Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
    i'd simply love to see petter doing a one-off, whatever the converage, the result etc. imagine the end stage interviews hehe. i'd love to hear his thoughta, like i did when latvala raced for toyota.
    i just like different things happening,.it makes me more interested in the sport. i miss that

2. Likes: skarderud (Today)
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    Spot on ! Well at least let's hope (i) that all the "side changes discussed (promotion, different formats etc....) are implemented next year, together with a revamp of the point system and (ii) that they come up with something smart for 2027
    i dont trust this promoter when it comes to promotion tbh. they got world rallycross in 2021 and they managed to kill the sport. tbh rallycross has so much action and close racing and strategy and jumps, its literally one of the coolest forms of racing out there, sooo easy to promote, especially because the heat races have just 3 minutes, its suuuuper "tv friendly", mega "casual fan friendly"... and they killed. they simply killed the sport. idk if their "promotion" can do anything to wrc. especially because is not "door to door" action. its days of following times on a clock. this stuff will never work in this modern era of fast pace action quick spam attention. so we are literally left with the hardcore fans and the "spirit" of rallying, which is closed roads and drivers competing. how can we have that? rally2 is the answer. such a shame wrc choose to spend 6 months talking about how they are not in a good position just to come back with "yeah, the BEST THING WE CAN THINK IS TO KEEP THE SAME SHITTY PRODUCT BUT WITH 2 MORE YOUTUBE CLIPS FOR 2025"

4. Likes: AndyRAC (Today)
    Liked 44 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    idk if their "promotion" can do anything to wrc. especially because is not "door to door" action. its days of following times on a clock. this stuff will never work in this modern era of fast pace action quick spam attention.
    Didn't WEC has quite nice revival last few years? It's not exactly friendly series for short spam attention. This factor seems overexaggerated.

For me, whether it's rally1 or rally2 is not as important as making WRC more accessible for new fans. Even 8 rally1 cars could provide interesting battles.

Improving rally.tv experience and moving 26-minutes day highlights from Red Bull TV to official WRC youtube channel would be good step.

Liked 11,192 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    If Solberg did a one of comeback in a Rally1 car, he would drawn twice the amount of attention than all the other drivers and teams combined.
    The results is secundary.

If you know slightly about how media works, you don't ask these kind of question.
    Sorry.

A comeback like that is exactly what WRC needs, lots of old fans would follow WRC again, media all over the world make stories about it, he has a personality noone of the todays drivers is even close to.
    He won't win anything, but thats not the point.
    Come on. Petter is nearly 50 years old. Petter driving once per season is fine attraction for fans but nothing more. It has zero impact on the championship quality and that is what the discussion was about. Also you hugely overestimate his marketing value. Old retired drivers have been running here and there since forever. That's pretty common practice.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,192 Times in 4,441 Posts
    so let me get this straight:

- wrc is in a pretty shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping...
    - then fia/wrc thought: "well this is bad, we need to change, even if the decisions are rough",
    - everybody on the planet agreed with that.
    - then after months of 'talking', meeting, fan surveys (!!), they even presented those weird concept.... they decided that nothing is going to change,
    - then suddenly everybody thinks thats the right thing to do... and wrc will continue in the same shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping.

...like... wtf? why this talk even started? if "this is the obvious thing to do" the whole time? haha this is madness
    I react because you posted that under my and Pluto's post.

I have never changed my stance on the subject and I dare to say that it applies also to PLuto. You can easily check that. If someone has been changing their stance on the subject, you need to address them, not me.

The true madness is oversimpliffication of problems. That's what you just did and sadly that's what we see everyday in the social media all over the planet no matter what topic.

In our case it's not that there would be no need for a change. There is such need for sure. The issue is that such change has to be realistic and viable. That's the difficult part. In this case there was simply no proposal good enough to be accepted by all parties involved and meanwhile the available time run out. You may not like it but that's about all you can do about it.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,258 Times in 683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Sorry but it’s not 2003 anymore….
    Solberg was a big star in rallying (and in Norway); but globally, not really. His star quality was over rated.......

The WRC even tried Rossi, Raikkonen & Kubica - and still it hardly brought about much more interest.......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

9. Likes: focus206 (Today),Mirek (Today)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I react because you posted that under my and Pluto's post.
    oh, no, sorry, it wasnt "for" you or "about" you. it was just another random rant hehe. im just really lost in general on that decision, as a whole.

i agree my post was a simplification, but its literally what happened. fia/wrc lost months talking about how to improve the top class, even announcing hybrids were gone, just to come back and change nothing. so we have a problem and the solution is to continue with the problem.
    thats just non sense to me.
    easy for me to say that from my chair, at my house, of course. i guess i was being too optmistic maybe. back to reality.

Liked 630 Times in 337 Posts
    i agree my post was a simplification, but its literally what happened. fia/wrc lost months talking about how to improve the top class, even announcing hybrids were gone, just to come back and change nothing. so we have a problem and the solution is to continue with the problem.
    Could have been, as people here said, an elaborate plan to get Hyundai (or another) to sign on the dotted line and hand over the dosh if that was the problem. It's only nothing on the surface
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 2,139 Times in 932 Posts
    Okay, let's keep the cars as they are..
    But I don't understand, why there is zero or even less) information about the hybrid systems..
    No logos or anything anywhere..
    3rd year into HY cars and nothing has changed in that system.
    Why don't let teams use the given amount of ,,extra power'' as and where they think is best for them..?

Would make the strategies more interesting..

Liked 630 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    But I don't understand, why there is zero or even less) information about the hybrid systems..
    Because nobody cares except a diminishing FIA Green department and Compact Dynamics.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

14. Likes: saco0o (Today)